Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Arecibo Beach, Puerto Rico-It's a bird, it's a ?


Don't be surprised if you're sitting on the beach at Caza y Pesca in Arecibo and some people come by looking for just the right spot, a flag on a pole or an x on a blanket....then everyone looks up....in a short while you'll see parachuters in the sky...bright colored sheets with what looks like a toy hanging down....one minute up in the sky and the next minute cruising over the water and the landing steadfast on the sand.

This time there were few of them...

and I never even saw the plane......

and then they gathered their chutes, wrapped things up and were gone!

From what I've heard, Arecibo Airport has jumps for novice and experienced jumpers. Tandems for beginners offering videos as well.

I'll find out more info for those bold exteme sport enthusiasts. Contact me at: www.tjranch.com

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Wow, something new to do in Arecibo! I don't know if I'd have the courage to either 1) try a parachute jump or 2) fight with John about whether or not I should! But it would be fun to watch....

Unknown said...

As a friend of Tony and Juanita for many years, I couldn't think of any better place to stay if you want to experience the real unspoiled beauty of the island of P.R., while enjoying the warm puertorrican hospitality, the best local cousine and have some of the best local attractions just minutes away.
Pedro Oliver, M.D., NY