Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Eco-friendly in PR...before thinking 'green'


I guess we've had a piggy pot for the last 20 years. If it didn't go to our neighbor's, then it went to our own pigs. Having grown up with disposals, I was initially perplexed as to where to throw table scraps in my country kitchen in Puerto Rico. Although composting was possible for the "neat" stuff...potato peels and plant cuttings; we had so much of the other stuff... saucy greasy food stuff...and those things became a haven for ants. Just like I used to ask," Can eggshells go down the disposal?" now I'm asking, "Are you sure pigs can eat chicken bones?"

So if you come to TJ Ranch you'll find out why pigs are truly pigs ...and come with us down the road to drop off our piggy pot. By the way, bring your camera because there's a great view of Lago Dos Bocas.

No comments: