Sunday, September 7, 2008

Surfing in Puerto Rico - Arecibo and the North Coastt!!





When talking about surfing in Puerto Rico, everyone thinks of Rincon....but Arecibo's the place to be. From the sandy bottom of Caza y Pesca for beginners to the treacherous Marginal in downtown Arecibo for the more daring, the open water Atlantic has waves for everybody. La Poza is perfect for a mixed group of swimmers and surfers with a protected area for bathers as well as a stretch of waves among the rocks for competent surfers. For those summer days when most areas are flat, Hallows is sure to have something, but know what you're doing because you may break your board or cut up your feet.

Isabela also has well known surf spots....Jobos being the most well known, but for me...I prefer my home town of Arecibo.


"El Doctor" has taught both my kids to surf and has given private lessons to many of our guests. Locals seem to have a watchful eye for bathers because the currents can be deceiving.

So come to TJ Ranch and have the best of both worlds...play on the beach and relax in the mountains.


1 comment:

Unknown said...

So reading this, I want to learn how to surf when I get back to Arecibo! But maybe I'll stick to scuba instead, if we can get calm enough days.....